This post is part of BlogHer’s writing prompts for NaBloPloMo I won’t even pretend I’ll be sure to blog every day, but I’ll try even if it’s just something short or a picture. (What is NaBloPoMo? wiseGEEK has the answer) There’s no writing prompt for today, so I’ll have to wing it.
Also, I’d like to say hello to the new readers that I’ve seen peeking around. Welcome! Since I’m sharing about me, why not tell me something about you too?
Here is part 1 of 5 of the 100 Question survey, feel free to do answer at your leisure:
- Are you young at heart, or an old soul?
I’m both. Maybe that’s a cop out, but it’s true. I like to be playful and fun, but I have a different perspective of the world that apparently reveals a more wise understanding.
- What makes someone a best friend?
Many different things make someone a best friend to me – honesty, integrity, humor, fun, creativity, similar out look on the world etc, but I think it comes down to the unable to be defined “clicking” between people.
- What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most?
I’ve received many thoughtful, kind and very nice gifts. One in particular that stands out at this particular moment is a model Barbie doll from my g-d father. It was part of his mother’s collection.
- Tell me about a movie/song/tv show/play/book that has changed your life.
Tell Me Lies, by Jennifer Crusie. It was the first full book I read after I graduated from college. After the last semester I wasn’t sure I wanted to read ever again! Also, PS. I Love You, by Celia Ahern I bought it, lost it and then found it again a few days after Lance passed away. It was a really good reminder that all was not lost, he would always be with me and that as much as I needed to keep him with me, it was OK to move on too.
- Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike.
I love my eyes and hands. I dislike the size of my tush, but I’m working on it.
- Would you like to reconnect with any friends you’ve lost contact with?
There are a few I’d like to reconnect with, but I figure since I’m pretty find-able (made up word alert) they’re not interested in reconnecting with me. No biggie.
- What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection?
What kind of relationship are we talking about here? If it’s long term, emotional connection is key.
- Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title.
Shark Attack 3: Megalodon
- What holiday do you most look forward to?
Thanksgiving with a good pumpkin pie, a white Christmas and Fourth of July.
- How is the relationship between you and your parents?
My parents and I have had our ups and downs through the year, but we’re pretty solid now. They’re good people and I enjoy their company and I think they feel the same way of me.
- You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on?
Oh about anything. Usually Law and Order SVU, the Cooking channel/Food Network or something I’ve seen 100 times. Rizzoli and Isles is on now.
- Name a song that never fails to make you happy.
I Want You to Want Me, covered by Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies or Letters to Cleo (This link goes to a YouTube video.)
(I love a good cover, some are better than the first!)
- You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him.
I know many, many Michaels. My cousin is my favorite one. Hes fun, funny, smart, hard working, talented, and loves to kiss the moose at John’s.
- Have you ever read the “missed connections” on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to?
Oh they’re fun to read! I haven’t ever posted one though and don’t think I would.
- If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be?
Right now, wherever my husband and I could have a home.
- Can money buy happiness?
Money can buy comfort and entertainment, but happiness is found inside.
- Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not?
I very much enjoy the occasional glass of wine or cold beer, but that’s about it. I don’t like the way most chemicals make me feel and can’t smoke or I get wicked sick.
- Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust? You don’t have to give names.
I don’t think so. My close friends are quite trustworthy.
- Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?
I’d have to say to visit my grandparents homes. It was just fun. Kids to play with, different toys, and treats. And I really like my grandparents.
- Have you ever spent a night in the hospital?
Yes. 27 of them from what I hear. I don’t recall.